Designed in the 1920’s in a typical art deco style, the original “George V” was firstly built in 1928. The purity of the white stone art deco façade, with minimal architectural ornamentation, established the theme of simplicity and elegance prevalent throughout all elements of the Hotel’s design. Clean, crisp lines were atypical of the period. When the Hotel reopened in 1999, a delicate palette of colors was introduced in the public areas, using soft shades of beige, off-white and pale grey to lighten the space and create a calming atmosphere. Richly textured fabrics and preserved wood paneling from Normandy underscore the grandeur of the meeting and event space, which, at 13,000 square feet, is the most extensive and luxurious of any five-star hotel in Paris.
The lavish appointments of the salons and public areas attracted international acclaim; indeed, Sotheby’s declared the George V to be “the Parisian hotel which contained the most works of art.” The weekly flower displays created by acclaimed floral Designer Jeff Leatham add a contemporary feel to the lobby and elegantly complement the collection of antiques and 18th-century tapestries.
The Hotel is ideally located in the heart of the Golden Triangle, just off the Champs-Elysées and provides an easy access to major cultural sites and business areas. The facilities also feature state-of-the-art lighting, sound and audiovisual capabilities.
Best of all, events are brought to life with exceptional cuisine and warm, attentive, intuitive Four Seasons assistance, expertise and support.